“Elijah of Buxton,” by Christopher Paul Curtis

Book Cover Art for Elijah of Buxton by Christopher Paul Curtis“Elijah of Buxton,” by Christopher Paul Curtis is a Newberry Honor Award novel about a young boy living in a historic Canadian community for runaway slaves.

Eleven-year-old Elijah was the first child born in Buxton, Canada, a small settlement formed by runaway slaves who escaped over the border. Elijah is viewed by some as a symbol of the newfound freedom available in Buxton. At the same time, though, Elijah feels a little letdown about the fact that one of the community's favorite anecdotes is about Elijah as a baby throwing up on Fredrick Douglass, the famous escaped slave and Abolitionist orator.

Inkweaver Review has moved to a new web location. Please read the rest of this book review at its new address:

Book Review of "Elijah of Buxton" by Christopher Paul Curtis


Your Rating:
Inkweaver Review 2009-08-15T14:28:00-05:00

10 replies so far. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous said...

This seems like a good book and i've only got 28
pages in to it but i am 11 years old and i defenitly recomend it.

Anonymous said...

i am a 12 year old and I am up to page 201 and i was wondering "WHERE IS THE MAIN PART????!!!!"
now since i know that it starts at page 222 i won't be complaining as much

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading this book, and it was great! Everything flows together so nicely. You've got to read it!

Anonymous said...

i didn't get to the plot until later in the book. But overall it was good.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if i should read it?

Anonymous said...

should I read the book???????????????????????????
I love to read

Anonymous said...

dudes should i read this book????????i am geting angery

Anonymous said...

sorry guys

Anonymous said...

i think its a great book. i read it 3 times. you should read it

Anonymous said...

I drop a leave a response when I appreciate a post on
a website or I have something to contribute to the discussion.
Usually it is caused by the passion communicated
in the post I browsed. And on this article ""Elijah of Buxton," by Christopher Paul Curtis".
I was moved enough to post a comment ;) I do have a couple of
questions for you if you don't mind. Is it only me or do a few of the responses appear like they are coming from brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing on other online social sites, I'd like to follow anything
new you have to post. Could you list every one of your communal pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?


Also visit my blog post http://www.systemstech.com