“Un Lun Dun” by China Miéville

Book Cover of Un Lun Dun by China Miéville“Un Lun Dun” by China Miéville is a fantastic story with all the allure and mystery of Lewis Carrol's “Through the Looking Glass.”

Twelve year old Zanna and her friend Deeba knew that something strange was going on. Not only did they see a cloud that looked suspiciously like Zanna's face but animals started behaving strangely around the two girls, bowing to Zanna and seemingly going out of their way just to see her.

It all begins one night when Zanna and Deeba find a secret entrance that takes them out of modern day London to a parallel universe called Un Lun Dun by the locals.

Inkweaver Review is moving to a new web address. Please read the rest of this review at its new location:

Review of "Un Lun Dun" by China Mieville


Your Rating:
Inkweaver Review 2008-11-14T15:30:00-06:00

13 replies so far. What are your thoughts?

Book Calendar said...

The illustrations by China Mieville in this book are wonderful. I think they are even better than the writing. They add a very whimsical quality to the book.

NathanKP said...

Ah, so you've read the book yourself? I actually loved both the drawings and the main text, but I agree that the text would lack something if it weren't for the pictures, much like Paul Stewart's novels wouldn't be the same if it weren't for Chris Riddel

Book Calendar said...

Yes, I have read the book. I think the book is far better than his adult books like Perdido Street Station.

By the way, I am tagging you with a meme. Alabama Bookworm has tagged me with a meme. If you would like to join please go to this link. I think you might find it rather interesting.
http://bookcalendar.blogspot.com/2008/11/bookworm-awards.html

NathanKP said...

I actually haven't read any of Mieville's adult books. "Un Lun Dun" was my first experience with his writing style and I loved it.

I'll go check out the meme, Book Calendar.

Unknown said...

Wow. This sounds like a great book. Where is the best place to find it?

NathanKP said...

If only I had my Amazon Affiliates set up you could buy it from here and I would make a little commission! ;)

Seriously, the book is great. You can probably get it at just about any high quality bookstore, or through Amazon.com. Just do a Google search or stop by a bookstore in your area.

Shelby said...

I love love love this book. I know a few people who thought it was too "weird", but I think it's just different from the usual young adult books today. I've heard he's written some adult books too, but I don't know if they're any good...

NathanKP said...

I really like weird books like this one. The "through the looking glass" effect is simply wonderful.

Thanks for commenting, Shelby.

Nathan

mikon said...

An area of the China Mieville where you can enjoy the fantastic story with the horrible faces. You can also find new links in this place. You can gather your time with http://www.bestparaphrasingtool.com/our-services/ and can get the true option for love.

mikon said...

Best and fantastic stories are present here with the help of which you can make your life more good and simple. You can also read more here and can get the informtion with the book flavor. You can really find something new here.

mikon said...

The China Mieville is the real blog of the fantastic story which can give you the new book flavor with the nice taste. You can enjoy the http://www.proposalletter.net/media-partnership-proposal-letter/ with the moving verb of this perfect zone in the real pattern.

William Leeson said...

Greatest as well as wonderful tales can be found right here by using which you'll help to make your lifetime much more great as well as easy. You may also http://www.articlesummarizer.net/summarize-an-article-is-easy-with-us/ and may obtain the information using the guide taste. You are able to truly discover some thing brand new right here.

Christopher Blevins said...

The words you ought to available during the site can be have a look at http://dissertation.proposalwritingservice.com/ blog insightful plus impression.